Bee Hoon 250g ( soak and wash )
Live White Shrimp 300g ( de-veined )
Live Blue Flower Crab 500g
1 big piece Fish Cake ( cut into slices )
5 cloves Garlic ( minced )
4 Shallots ( minced )
1 Egg ( beaten )
Broth 600cc (can use vegetable/chicken/ikan billis )
2 tablespoons Fish sauce
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon White Pepper
3 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- In the wok, heat up 2 tablespoons of oil. Put in half the minced garlic and fry until fragrant, then add in bee hoon and give it all good mix. Set aside.
- Using the same wok, add in the remaining vegetable oil and stir fry the shallots until brown and crispy. Set aside separately.
- Pour in the beaten egg, give a quick stir and add in broth.
- Once broth has boiled, add in the crabs to simmer for 5 minutes. Then add in the fish cakes, prawns, and fried bee hoon. Continue to simmer all together for another 5 minutes.
- Next, add in all the vegetables and mix evenly. Once everything has boiled and is bubbling, stir in the fish sauce, salt and white pepper.
- Turn off the heat and dish. Sprinkle fried shallots, chopped spring onion and some squeezed lime juice over. Enjoy!
Check out more seafood recipes on @CookingInSerenity on IG.